Tuesday, 9 November 2010

The Fresh Diet - Day 6

Breakfast: Multi-Grain Pancakes with Fresh Pear & Mango Ricotta Cheese
The mango ricotta cheese was so delicious! Cheesecake in a tub! I wish I could eat this every morning (well of different fruit varieties). Pear was a little brown around the edges but to slightly be expected and the pancakes were... eh? I stuck them in the toaster oven but since the pieces were small it was impossible to get them out and if I hadn't toasted them, they seemed kind of styrofoamy (yes I'm making up words again)? However, I've noticed that I am the least hungry when I have one of these breakfast options, dairy and some carbs (especially bread and some fruit). I've tried to stick with these sort of options as I've planned my menu for future days. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Dinner (lunch):Roasted Pork Loin with Apricot Curry Sauce with Farro Grain Pilaf and Sauteed Mushroom Medley
I've had good luck switching out my lunch and dinner portion. The dinner meals tend to be more microwave friendly and keep me full a bit longer (well aside from the massive wraps). Anyway, this was really nice but the curry had absolutely no spiciness to it so I was a little disappointed. The grain pilaf and mushrooms were absolutely delicious and the pork was tender. Just wish the sweet sauce had a little kick!

Snack: Whole Wheat Chicken Quesadilla with Pepper-Jack Cheese & Mango Salsa
These were adorable and super yummy! I stuck them in the toaster oven at home for a few minutes so they could get slightly crispy and warm. Mm. Again, salsa with some kick, please?
Lunch (dinner): Reuben Style Deli Wrap with Smoked Turkey Breast, Swiss Cheese, Baby Lettuce & Thousand Island Dressing
Enormous and super filling! I stuck this in the microwave for about 30 seconds and did the rest of the time in the toaster oven. Yum! Was tempted to add some sauerkraut but it was already huge!
Dessert: Papaya Cheese Cake
Another shocker, I'm Sure. Haven't eaten yet though. Still stuffed from dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Good luck on the diet..that food looks seriously yummy! And isn't Groupon the best?

    ReplyDelete