I happily discovered the enormous Fresh Diet bag exactly where I had asked them to leave it this morning. I hope the people at work aren't mad at me since I'm taking up the majority of the fridge. Maybe tomorrow I'll only bring the meals I know I will eat at work in a smaller bag!
I'll admit that my issue isn't portion control. It's day portion control! When I diet it seems I eat as few calories as possible during the day and then I'm absolutely famished by the evening, especially if that's a PT day (which involves over an hour of stretching and strength training). So I either go back to the days when I used to try to starve myself and ignore it (leading to a "bad" day the day after) or eat a ton (aka binge) in a short amount of time in the evening. Probably the absolute worst idea from a dieting standpoint. I also have a tendency of having a "good" day followed by an "oops" and basically throw in the towel. Then I figured if I've cheated once, I've already screwed myself over and eat poorly the rest of the day. As a recovered bulimic, I'm also terrified to revert back to that period of my life so I try (poorly) to not become too obsessed.
I'm in for 1200-1400 calories per day with 3 solid meals and 2 snacks.
Today's menu is:
Breakfast: egg white omelet with cucumber, dill, smoked salmon & whole wheat toast
Lunch: Philly cheese steak whole wheat wrap with sauteed bell pepper and mozzarella cheese
Hors D'Oeuvre: mini whole wheat sweet & sloppy joe
Dinner: turkey breast scalopini with white wine & shallots with whole wheat linguine pasta and sauteed spinach
Dessert: white chocolate chip cappuccino cheesecake
I woke up a bit nauseated due to allergies but grabbed some water on the way out of the house and got to work. I know I'm only supposed to drink water, but I couldn't help having my morning coffee with a dash of skim milk and the ZSweet. You get a half a slice of whole wheat toast but it's very dense. It arrived a little wet, but I heated it up in the office toaster oven (thank goodness or I'm not sure I would be able to stomach it - can you tell I'm not a breakfast person?!). Looking over my menu I feel a bit sick, sloppy joe? I tried to choose entrees with more meat than I usually eat since I am anemic and even though I'm not a vegetarian, I generally don't eat meat more than once a week. I bet I'll feel a lot better this week.
The omelet is ok but I love the smoked salmon and the cucumbers pick up a hint of the smoky saltiness! I'm not the biggest fan of the slightly fluffy yet also slightly rubbery texture of the omelet and it needs more garlic (though in my household we add copious amounts of garlic to everything). I bet it would have tasted better had it not been chilled and then reheated in the microwave.
Slight edit, I've decided to switch dinner with lunch as the dinner meal seems more microwave friendly (the wrap will probably be better in my toaster oven at home. And other than tomorrow, as I've signed up for an omelete at breakfast again, I'm going to opt for slightly lighter options as it looks like my microwave at work destroys eggs. No more eggs for me!
And one last thing, I'll probably be posting one Fresh Diet entry per day instead of.... who knows how many today. Shorter hopefully too!
No comments:
Post a Comment