Thursday, 4 November 2010

The Fresh Diet - Day 4

Even though I had quite the work out yesterday (for me anyway, can't do cardio thanks to my back), I wasn't really hungry this morning. So I didn't cram breakfast into my mouth the minute I got settled at work.

Breakfast: Peanut Butter Chip Muffin with Fresh Papaya & Banana Cottage Cheese
Doesn't the cottage cheese look disgusting? I was a little hesitant to try it, but I did. Well I figured out the reason the cottage looked gross, the banana, they mashed fresh banana in the cottage cheese. It was delicious and would be super easy to make at home. The papaya was slightly bitter which I wasn't a fan of but that muffin. Oh my gosh that was delicious. I think I'm more impressed with things that I'm not sure I could figure out the recipe for since other than an apple sauce sub for butter, I don't know how they made the bread part of that healthy, maybe protein powder?

Lunch: Grilled Steak Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion & Horseradish Dressing 
This was delicious and huge. The horseradish dressing was a little thick but was really tasty. The steak was slightly red in the center (as you can see) and was tender and juicy. My only complaint is I personally would have added more vegetables and several types of lettuce. Yes, I realize it's listed as Romaine and said veggies but it could have used a variety.
Snack: Crab Cake with Horseradish Dressing
I was smart today and brought my "snack" to work. I ate this around 3pm and it was rather tasty and left shortly thereafter to finalize the paperwork on our refinance for our house. My only disappointment was how teeny tiny these were but I guess to be expected as they weren't a meal. I'm so glad I ate these before we left as the signings took over an hour. I also stopped by Starbucks on the way and grabbed a skinny latte for myself and a hot chocolate for DH. I didn't even sip as it was full fat, victory!
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Breast with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto with Grilled Portabella Mushrooms and Roasted Cauliflower
You know how I said I should order more chicken entrees on the plan? I take that back. This grilled chicken was a little dry. The sun-dried pesto was flavorful and I love the sides but it was just OK.
Dessert: Cinnamon Pear Cheese Cake
Cheesecake again?

Tomorrow I'm on my own. I was supposed to go for another epidural injection tomorrow but as I'm doing very well since my last shot, we're pushing it back a bit. I figured with the nerves and the numbness and sleepiness afterward, I'd never get in my 3 meals and 2 snacks anyway. Well, now I'm in for a full day at the office so I've done something I've never done, pre-prepare my meals the night before. I cooked up a tin of albacore tuna with some edamame, green beans and mushrooms with a little orange sauce, soy sauce and a dash of olive oil and garlic. And well, you'll see pictures tomorrow either way. We'll see how I hold up. It's a lot easier to diet when you are thinking, "I paid X amount for this, it would be stupid to 'cheat'!" so we'll see!

2 comments:

  1. Cheesecake!!! (said like Homer Simpson says 'Beeer!')

    I love cottage cheese and flavored yogurts. But I have sinus issues when I have dairy. :( Doesn't make it easy to eat some very good for you diet food with that. Your breakfast cottage cheese is what I'm lemming for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kimberly: Oh no, I love dairy! Have you tried soy based "dairy" products? They have come out with a lot more in recent years than there used to be. Back when I kept kosher, If you heat the soy milk products they tend to get similar to dairy if you mix them with something (ie they thicken a little - used to make casseroles and noodle puddings and stuff with soy)

    ReplyDelete