Yesterday was so good in theory. I started my day eating healthy. I had prepared something the night before for lunch as I mentioned in my post on Thursday. I brought healthy snacks to... snack on. But I had also bought my husband some candy corn at CVS on sale and on my way home I opened it for 'just a bite' and ate half the bag. And I stopped by Whole Foods for some healthy provisions and walked by the bakery and well. The only redeeming point was picking up some healthy things for the weekend and coming home to play my new Wii Just Dance 2 for about a half hour.
Today has been much better so far as I made yummy oatmeal for breakfast (just the regular whipped banana one plain with about a teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter). I've also convinced my husband to eat some tomorrow morning (this is amazing as he's so anti-healthy food). I snacked on some multigrain tortilla chips with my coffee mid-afternoon and I'm not hungry for more though I have been nursing a couple cups of coffee throughout the day.
Monday restarts my Fresh Diet. So far I've lost weight but I haven't gotten over the hump yet so we'll see. I'm excited to start eating more natural good for you foods and I'm going to try to do that over the obsessive calorie counting and try to get more exercise in that I hope won't set off back problems. I realized that when I was counting calories I wasn't eating healthy. Sure, I was eating fruits and vegetables but I would eat a bag of light chips and chocolate and then eat a lighter dinner to stay within my limit. Just looking at calories isn't enough. I've been hooked lately on reading health blogs so I hope they have a good influence. I may look into therapy again too to curb the binge.
No comments:
Post a Comment