Breakfast: Wild Mushroom Omelet with Whole Wheat Toast
I'll be honest, I put off breakfast as long as I could this morning. The thought of the rubbery microwaved eggs was not appealing. The eggs were slightly better today (I cooked them for about half the time I did yesterday) but not by much. The mushrooms were great and the toast was yummy. I ate the egg part of the omelet as fast as I could without choking hence no photo! I may have held my nose too. Tomorrow's breakfast menu is blueberry waffles and ricotta cheese, thank god!
Lunch: Crab Salad Sandwich on Nine Grain Bread with Celery, Tomato & Lettuce
I didn't taste any celery in my sandwich but that doesn't mean it wasn't in there as small sliced celery is fairly innocuous. I really enjoyed this sandwich. It didn't seem they cut corners, there was plenty of juicy crab inside the bread which was delicious as well. Now I know why there's a "snack" planned for later in the day because while I'm full, I'm used to having other things with lunch, yes I am craving yet another apple. At least there's some fruit with breakfast tomorrow.
Snack: Buffalo Style Chicken Strips with Roasted Pearl Onion
I was absolutely famished when I finally got home this evening. I started feeling hungry around 4pm when I left the office (even more so planning my office's holiday luncheon) and then by the time I got home around 4:45pm my stomach was grumbling, I was shaking a little and was in a foul mood, snapped at my husband, snapped this picture after several tries as my hands were shaking and devoured it. I think I only cooked it for 10 seconds and the chicken wasn't super hot but I didn't care. I'm still a little shaky so I will be eating my dinner soon. I think I'll start bringing the snack to work just in case and go back to eating dinner at lunch and vice versa. Not buffalo style but it was chicken and it sated my hunger.
Dinner: Pork Medallions with Provencal Sauce with Roasted Green Asparagus and Sauteed Button Mushrooms
I was surprised with this as the pork looked like it was in danger of being overcooked. It wasn't the most tender pork I've had but it was still soft and wasn't chewy. I think I was surprised with the whole meal. The sauce was really delicious, the asparagus were slightly crispy on the outside and not overcooked, my least favorite part were the button mushrooms. They needed more garlic and pepper. I guess I have a tendency of over seasoning things (and I don't use a ton of salt in my cooking either).
Dessert: Blueberry Cheese Cake
Are you surprised I chose cheesecake again? It's probably my 2nd favorite dessert after tiramisu.I'm usually not a fan of blueberry cheescake as it tends to get too sweet for me, this lighter version was perfect! No gluey blueberry syrup toppings, just a light cheesecake with a hint of blueberry and a crispy shell. This was fab!
Snack: Buffalo Style Chicken Strips with Roasted Pearl Onion
I was absolutely famished when I finally got home this evening. I started feeling hungry around 4pm when I left the office (even more so planning my office's holiday luncheon) and then by the time I got home around 4:45pm my stomach was grumbling, I was shaking a little and was in a foul mood, snapped at my husband, snapped this picture after several tries as my hands were shaking and devoured it. I think I only cooked it for 10 seconds and the chicken wasn't super hot but I didn't care. I'm still a little shaky so I will be eating my dinner soon. I think I'll start bringing the snack to work just in case and go back to eating dinner at lunch and vice versa. Not buffalo style but it was chicken and it sated my hunger.
Dinner: Pork Medallions with Provencal Sauce with Roasted Green Asparagus and Sauteed Button Mushrooms
I was surprised with this as the pork looked like it was in danger of being overcooked. It wasn't the most tender pork I've had but it was still soft and wasn't chewy. I think I was surprised with the whole meal. The sauce was really delicious, the asparagus were slightly crispy on the outside and not overcooked, my least favorite part were the button mushrooms. They needed more garlic and pepper. I guess I have a tendency of over seasoning things (and I don't use a ton of salt in my cooking either).
Dessert: Blueberry Cheese Cake
Are you surprised I chose cheesecake again? It's probably my 2nd favorite dessert after tiramisu.I'm usually not a fan of blueberry cheescake as it tends to get too sweet for me, this lighter version was perfect! No gluey blueberry syrup toppings, just a light cheesecake with a hint of blueberry and a crispy shell. This was fab!
No comments:
Post a Comment