Wednesday, 3 November 2010

The Fresh Diet - Day 3

I went to bed and woke up starving this morning so I was anxious to heat up my breakfast.

Breakfast: Whole Wheat Blueberry Waffles with Strawberries & Blueberry Vanilla Ricotta Cheese
Yum! I was a little worried about picking the waffles since my only remembrance of diet waffles are the Kashi variety which taste like cardboard unless you burn them or cover them in something which kind of defeats the purpose. These were dense, crispy on the outside (thanks to the office toaster) and slightly chewy on the inside but not in a bad way (though they wouldn't have been good without the toasters help I'm sure)? And I love the ricotta cheese cup! It tastes exactly like their cheesecake except a little more gritty. I think this would be really easy to replicate (I even found recipes online for a similar ricotta based cheesecake so once I manage not to eat the whole pie I'm good to go! Although, I did figure out how to keep that from happening, mini pie tins!). I think I may pick up some little reusable cups for future non-Fresh Diet meals. Oh, right, the cheese cup was delicious in case you were wondering. It had fresh blueberries in the mix, and the fresh strawberries tasted so good after not having fresh fruit for days but there could have been a few more slices.
Lunch (Dinner): Tender Beef Fillet with BBQ Bourbon Sauce with Red Bell Pepper Orzo and Steamed Broccoli Rapini
You know of what I thought of when I looked at this meal? This:
 I was quite dubious that what I was about to eat wasn't some meat-like creation like those steaks. Thank goodness I was wrong. I ate an honest to goodness steak, with slight grizzle around the edges and all! For food that hasn't been seasoned very much, the BBQ sauce had a kick! My only complaint is I wish there was more broccoli. What is wrong with me requesting more fruits and veggies?!
Hors D'Oeuvres: Mini Sweet Potato & Turkey Sheppards Pie
This was so freaking cute. The smell kind of turned me off when I heated it but it was very tasty, though a little dense. It was the perfect thing to get me going for an hour of stretching and resistance training.

I cheated a little on my way to physical therapy. I stopped by Starbucks and grabbed a grande decaf skinny vanilla latte. I drink coffee with skim milk in the morning but I try not to deviate from the program too much. I was very tempted to have an apple too, maybe tomorrow.
Dinner: Grilled Lamb Burger on Whole Wheat Bun with Yellow Tomato & Mint Aioli
Oh my gosh, this was so freaking yummy. And finally something with some kick! The aioli (which by the way is one of my favorite scrabble words ever) had plenty of garlic and just a hint of mintiness. And now I know why they chose a yellow tomato. Between the creamy aioli and the yellow bit sticking out from the burger, you almost think you're eating cheese and not a tomato. The lamb wasn't too gamy and I toasted the bun so it was slightly crispy on the outside, yumm!

Dessert: Peach Cheese Cake
Yes I had cheesecake again tonight. What can I say, I'm a fan. But now I know how to recreate this (testing out a few recipes this weekend when I'm off the program till Monday).

Not only are these pictures and review entries a great way too make this particular blog more colorful but now I'll have an easier time guessing portion sizes and recipes when I'm on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment