Monday, 8 November 2010

The Fresh Diet - Day 5

Well crud, I forgot to copy and paste my meal descriptions before they disappeared from the Fresh Diet website. No matter, pictures and my descriptions will have to do.
Breakfast: fruit salad and blueberry yogurt 
This was pretty good, although the kiwis weren't completely ripe.
Lunch (aka Dinner): Chicken with some sort of wine sauce, wheat angel hair and broccoli mash
My favorite part of this meals was the broccoli mash. I am going to try and recreate this! It was kind of like creamed spinach but obviously healthier and unlike many other sides had a healthy dose of garlic, yum! Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the rest of the meal. The chicken was dry and the pasta was that typical whole grain slightly gritty kind. I don't know why the first chicken was so great but the subsequent ones have been sub par?
Snack: Cod Cake
Pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of these kind of cakes (my mom used to make salmon cakes and I hated them - she baked them and they had no flavor and were mushy - sorry mom!) but I figured I could use the protein before physical therapy, boy was I right as I was there for nearly 2 hours.
Dinner (aka Lunch): Turkey burger on ciabatta with bok choy and peanut sauce
This was absolutely delicious. The peanut sauce had a bit of a kick (something that seems to be missing on TFD though I understand as the majority of Americans probably season their food less than I do!). I stuck the sandwich in the toaster oven to get the bun nice and crispy. Quite delicious!
Dessert: Pineapple Cheesecake
I don't know how tonight's cheesecake tasted richer than previous nights, but it was yummy. And yes, more cheesecake tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment